Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What do you want to do anyway?

I have encountered this question regarding my professional life umpteenth number of times. When I took up computer science after studying biology in 12th standard, I had a hard time explaining my choice to many. Later when I switched to bioinformatics after graduation, I encountered the same quizzical look on people’s faces. Now that I am contemplating a further change in my field, I am preparing myself to face the same situation yet again.

Gone are the days when there were a handful of career options available with clear demarcations. In this fast paced world of today, I wonder if anyone really knows what he/she wants to do. With so many options all around us and the conviction that you can excel in more than a dozen fields, it is really a difficult decision to make. The more you find out about it through the “know-it-all” internet, the more confusing it gets.

My strategy to get through this phase of confusion is to continue to do my karma and not expect anything in return. The best course shall prevail!

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Sunil said...

I also studied Bio upto 11th std.(During our days 10+ 2 was not there)Thereafter, I did B.Sc.Then I shifted to Laws and Company Secretaryship. Now none of these field interest me. I find , rightly said by you"know-it all" Internet, were interesting.I wish I could know "Web-designing" New ideas regarding lay-out, looks and facilities about a web-site continue to crop-up in my mind. But I hardly know anything about programming and for that matter Computers.
You may check my blog. At last I have a new posting.

With good wishes,
Sunil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home