Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Goodbye

I am leaving Singapore for two years to pursue MBA at IIM Ahmedabad. This change brings with it a mix of excitement, fear and apprehensions. The poem describes my state of mind right now.

As the date of my departure nears
and I prepare to leave Singapore
I am reminded of the eight years
that have brought me experiences galore

As I sit here, scared to let go
and I reminisce the days gone by
I realize how much I have come to grow
the thought almost drives me to cry

Eight years full of joy and sorrow
Eight years full of friends and fun
I have a strong desire to borrow
a few more days of Singapore sun

I can’t thank you enough Singapore
for you introduced me to my husband
he has given me true love and more
and he fits the description of a best friend

Now that I have to leave all this behind
In the search of something greater that I might find
I wonder if it’s worth it to go through this grind
And whether staying back would be more peaceful for the mind

Despite my apprehensions I know I have to leave
Distancing myself from the social net I took eight years to weave
I hope two years down the lane I will have nothing to regret
If for nothing else, I would be happy for all the people I would have met

So here I bid you farewell with a deep sigh
Goodbye Goodbye Goodbye Goodbye

10 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Tejas said...

Hey Nidhi,

this is ur fellow fuchcha...soon to be at IIM A..
got some free time so was going thru some posts on orkut..Picked up ur blog to read cause of ur name...
anyways nice to have a poet at IIMA...
take care
-Tejas

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Ships said...

Hey nidhi..

Really loved the way u pen down ur emotions into verses...

We'll try our best to make u feel at home. :) Cheers to the thought.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Rushikesh Humbe said...

Good!!! So one more creative batchmate in IIM A....
~~~~ Sahee hai ~~~

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Nitin said...

All the best Nidhi.
When do you leave ?

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Harsh said...

Hi!
It is a very good poem,very touching and very sweet.Though u are leaving Singapore(may be temporarily),plz don't stop writing,especially poems like this.Try to write more poems(if u get time)

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Sunil said...

Congratulations! ! !

Wish u all the best at IIM
I have heard that the course at IIM is too demanding and perhps u would not find enough time to post few more interesting poems on your blog. Amoung all ur. postings I like ur. poems the most. They are simple yet they very aptly convey your feelings and rhymes well. There can be no better way to convey once's feeling then through such poems.
Alas ! Everybody can not write poems. I firmly believe that it is God's gift and no body can learn this art.
Perhaps we would be missing your poems.

with good wishes,
Sunil

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mohit (Maclo) said...

well written... :)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Pranav said...

Dang, Nidhi! with a 760 GMAT and a non Indian-male-IT demographic you should have applied to and studied at Harvard/Wharton/Stanford!!

Congratulations, though, if you're happy:-)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Piyush Behre said...

Hey Nidhi,

this one is really good as u have given a professional touch in embeddin' the feelings into the reality.

Cheers
Matt

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Sanjeev Gupta said...

There must be a like button in here! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home